[EM] Why I think IRV isn't a serious alternative KD

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 21 17:06:50 PST 2008

Kristofer,
Woodall's DAC and  DSC and  Bucklin and Woodall's similar QLTD
all meet mono-raise and Mutual Majority (aka Majority for Solid Coalitions).

DSC meets LNHarm and the rest meet LNHelp.

Chris Benham

Kristofer Munsterhjelm  wrote (Sun.Dec.21):
<snip>
In any case, it may be possible to have one of the LNHs and be monotonic
and have mutual majority. I'm not sure, but perhaps (doesn't one of DAC
or DSC do this?). If so, it would be possible to see (at least) whether
people strategize in the direction of early truncation by looking at
methods that fail LNHarm but pass LNHelp; that is, Bucklin.
<snip>

      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox