[EM] New MN court affidavits by those defending non-Monotonic voting methods & IRV/STV

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 7 21:40:41 PST 2008

Dave,
Are you really comfortable supporting and supplying ammunition to a
group of avowed FPP supporters in their effort to have IRV declared
unconstitutional?

Will have any complaint when in future they are trying to do the same
thing to some Condorcet method you like and IRV supporters help
them on grounds like it fails Later-no-Harm, Later-no-Help, and
probably  mono-add-top?

Chris Benham

Dave Ketchum wrote (Fri.Nov.7):
Perhaps this could get some useful muscle by adding such as:
      9 B>A

Now we have 34 voting B>A.  Enough that they can expect to win and may have
as strong a preference between these two as might happen anywhere.

C and D represent issues many feel strongly about - and can want to assert
to encourage action by B, the expected winner.  If ONE voter had voted B>A
rather than D>B>A, IRV would have declared B the winner.

Note that Condorcet would have declared B the winner any time the B>A count
exceeded the A>B count (unless C or D got many more votes).

DWK

      Find your perfect match today at the new Yahoo!7 Dating. Get Started http://au.dating.yahoo.com/?cid=53151&pid=1012