[EM] another reason to avoid strategic motivations

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 21:35:08 PST 2008

This is in a way a positive message. It says
also that people tend to make independent
decisions, and that many such strategic threats
that require coordinated and systematic
behaviour are not dangerous in this kind of
environments.

One reason behind the "non-mathematical" answers
is of course also that people want to give
meanings to different things, they want to play
with the idea, and they want to influence. They
were actually asked to "imagine that...". It is
maybe more fun to play with the theme. The
pessimism may be interpreted as modesty too (or
as a joke in the "everything will surely go
wrong" spirit).

I kind of like these "voters". In elections they
could maybe be a bit more optimistic, although
that is dangerous too (gives too much space to
politicians to sell rosy pictures to them).

Juho