[EM] "Instant-runoff voting" article renamed to "Ranked-choice voting" on English Wikipedia

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 09:38:26 PDT 2024

Stemming hasn't been a thing for a very long time now, so a modern search
engine shouldn't have issues identifying "Instant-runoff" and "Alternative
vote" as synonyms. (In fact, what you say suggests Wikipedia doesn't follow
redirects, because the page you found is Instant-runoff voting and not the
Alternative vote redirect.)

I suspect the articles "Ranked voting" and "Ranked-choice voting in the
United States" are interfering with the search somehow, by making it seem
like there are other Wikipedia articles more closely related to the topic
than the instant-runoff voting article.