[EM] Fwd: Election-Methods Digest, Vol 236, Issue 18

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 16:34:27 PDT 2024

For me, personally, I'd probably minmax with range voting. But I don't
think score is any more complicated than approval voting, and Warren D.
Smith argues (IMO convincingly) that Score is more likely to stick in the
long run because it reduces the number of voters who bullet vote, which deals
with one common concern, and because it's more popular with third parties
because of the nursery effect. (STAR is even better for this, since it
makes bullet voting less attractive strategically and appeals to people who
like IRV'S runoff.)