[EM] Relative vs. Majority Condorcet

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 28 12:34:51 PDT 2024

CLC,

> Yes, that's the main question I'm looking to answer with this poll: do
> tied-at-the-top, or other tied-rank mechanisms, have substantial
> support on this email list? (ICT is a similar, but not-quite-working,
> attempt at satisfying Minimal Defense as well.)

I assume by "mechanisms" you mean  * mechanisms to force the method to
comply with Favorite Betrayal*.   As far as I can tell, no.

The way you describe ICT I find a bit odd.   Kevin's  ICA method easily
meets Minimal Defense.  ICT  instead meets Chicken Dilemma (incompatible
with Minimal Defense) but I think I recall was motivated by some example
where the MCA winner looked quite odd.
I don't recall it but can probably find it later.

Chris B.