[EM] Relative vs. Majority Condorcet

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 06:14:24 PDT 2024

Yes, there’s no need for an FBC-complying method more complicated than
Approval.

The best Condorcet versions don’t really give any
favorite-burial-incentive, though they don’t strictly pass FBC. They really
don’t require any defensive strategy…the ideal of voting-systems.

But most ranked-methods, including Condorcet other than a few classes of
it, have a big serious FBC-failure that I consider prohibitive.

I could accept it in Hare, if people wouldn’t bury their favoriteunder a
lesser-evil—& they might well not…if they know & like what they’re getting
when they enact it. …which obviously isn’t the case when it’s fraudulently
sold to them.

But otherwise (when Hare is all that’s currently up for enactment this
year, where I reside) I’d be willing to accept Hare’s top-end
favorite-burial defensive-strategy, though I wouldn’t like it…if people
wouldn’t use it to protect an evil.

…but not when it’s being dishonesty misrepresented to voters.