[EM] Defeat Strength

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 20:43:18 PDT 2022

Actually, max likelihood analysis would say that the A>B defeat was less
likely to be reversed because max likelihood estimation would estimate
Prob(B>A)=0.

But Baysian estimation would start with Prob(B>A)=Prob(A>B)>0<Prob(A=B)
prior probabilities, and then adjust using Bayes' law to posterior
probabilities in the order Prob(A=B)>Prob(A>B)>Prob(B>A)>0

and Prob(B>A) > Prob(G>F), so according to Bayes, the F>G defeat is
stronger (less likely to be reversed in a parallel universe) than the A>B
defeat.

Somebody should do the precise Bayesian calculations to verify (or refute)
my statistical intuition.