[EM] The election methods trade-off paradox/impossibility theorems paradox.

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Fri Jun 23 11:28:54 PDT 2017

  I do agree that quantitative counts are better than qualitative counts
of "greater than". How much quantitative measurement extracted from the
voting data (rather than imposed on it) is a simple way to assess a
voting method's efficiency. Sooner or later, tho, the method has to
resort to less precisely based decisions of greater or lesser. This, by
the way, proves or shows that election results are generally
probabilistic rather than deterministic, and therefore cannot be
decisively judged by deductive standards of electoral efficiency (like
social choice theory).
My own election method (Binomial Transferable Vote) does not resort to
elimination of candidates during the count, to avoid a more or less
arbitrary plurality count (greater than) decision.
Richard Lung.