[EM] Trying to have CD, protect strong top-set, and protect middle candidates too

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 14:05:21 PST 2016

For this method, MTRI, the procedural definition is more understandable
than the recursive definition (though the recursive definition's brevity
could be useful).

So this is what I understand MTRI's procedural definition to be:

1. Order the candidates by their top-count score, with higher scores at top.

2. Switch the lowest pair of adjacent candidates whose lower candidate
pair-beats the higher one.

Repeat till there are no more pairs to switch. The highest candidate in the
order at that time wins.

As a CD rank method, this method is a competitor of MDDTR. What are the
property differences between MTRI & MDDTR?

In particular, how does MTRI compare with MDDTR in regards to protection of
a CWs against truncation & burial?

Michael Ossipoff