[EM] Holy grail: PAR with FBC?

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 07:02:14 PST 2016

Kevin Venzke is right: the method I'd called PARFBC does not actually meet
FBC. However, it is bloody close; I'm trying to define an FBC-like
guarantee that it does meet.

I think it's better, and closer to FBC, than Kevin's prior version without
step 2, because in a chicken dilemma case, the winner actually gets more
votes in step 4. Because in my version, the mutual threat candidate C is
eliminated before it ever becomes the leader, so most-preferred wins,
without causing a slippery slope by showing all accepted votes and thus
having least-rejected win.