[EM] Real Democracy (1): Steve 1st dialogue with Stephane Rouillon

Stéphane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 21 19:55:59 PDT 2015

Hello Steve,

1) The whole document is available from
http://citation.allacademic.com//meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/1/9/9/3/9/pages199397/p199397-1.php
http://citation.allacademic.com//meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/1/9/9/3/9/pages199397/p199397-10.php
You can copy (Ctrl-C) any of the 10 pages in a text document...

2) I will read your APR document as soon I find which software opens
.odt document...

For the moment I can only give some comments on your APR comparison. I
am sorry if it sounds negative but it is not. I just want more details
about the few differences between APR and SPPA:

3) Does APR "geographically or non-geographically defined voluntary
organizations (e.g. political parties, interest groups)" /that/ "will be
officially recognized as electoral 'associations" prevent
outsiders to infiltrate artificially an electoral 'associations? Like
partisan of a mainstream idea that would decide to sink another debate
using their strong majority...? Lets suppose that massive
supporters of gay weddings want to dilute a more 50%-50% debate about
adoption froms homosexual parents (just an example). Would APR detect
organized infiltration movements?

4) What happens if a very low number of APR representatives controls a
majority (more than 50%) of the parliament voices? Oligarchy?

5) SPPA garantees a stable bipartite coalition around the main political
parties, despite balanced national split supports like 30%, 18%, 17%,
14%, 11% and 10%.
In such a case, it would boost the main party to 50% and reduce the
mandate to 3/7 of tis original length to ensure fairness. How does APR
handle unstable splits?

6) How do you organize fair debates when a voter can choose between a
huge amount of candidates?

It might take some time before I comment: plenty of work...
S. Rouillon