[EM] TTPD,TR (an FBC complying ABE solution?)

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Tue Nov 22 14:57:22 PST 2011

Chris, here's a monotone version that for all practical purposes would be the same as your TTPD,TR method:Initialize variable X as the candidate with top (or equal top) rating on the greatest number of ballots. Then while any candidate Y covers X (in the TTP sense), replace X with the one (among those that TTP-cover X) that is rated top (or equal top) on the greatest number of ballots .  Elect the last value of X.Forest----- Original Message -----From: Date: Monday, November 21, 2011 5:48 pmSubject: TTPD,TR (an FBC complying ABE solution?)To: election-methods at lists.electorama.com,> Chris,> > your new method includes the statement ...> > > If any candidate X TTP beats any candidate Y, is not in turn > > TTP beaten > > by Y and is> > not TTP beaten by any candidate Z that doesn't also TTP beat > Y, > > then Y > > is disqualified.> > In other words, there is no short TTP beatpath from Y to X, > where "short" means fewer than three steps.> > We could use this condition as the definition for "X covers Y in > the TTP sense," or more briefly "X TTP-> covers Y."> > So your method elects the TTP-uncovered candidate rated top on > the greatest number of ballots.> > If this method fails mono-raise (like most uncovered methods do) > we can use one of our covering method > ideas to fix it.> > For example ..> > Let variable X be the candidate with the highest range score.  > Then while X is TTP-covered, replace X > with the highest range score candidate that TTP-covers it.  > Elect the last value of X.> > Forest> > >