[EM] TTPD,TR (an FBC complying ABE solution?)

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Mon Nov 21 17:48:38 PST 2011

Chris,

your new method includes the statement ...

> If any candidate X TTP beats any candidate Y, is not in turn
> TTP beaten
> by Y and is
> not TTP beaten by any candidate Z that doesn't also TTP beat Y,
> then Y
> is disqualified.

In other words, there is no short TTP beatpath from Y to X, where "short" means fewer than three steps.

We could use this condition as the definition for "X covers Y in the TTP sense," or more briefly "X TTP-
covers Y."

So your method elects the TTP-uncovered candidate rated top on the greatest number of ballots.

If this method fails mono-raise (like most uncovered methods do) we can use one of our covering method
ideas to fix it.

For example ..

Let variable X be the candidate with the highest range score.  Then while X is TTP-covered, replace X
with the highest range score candidate that TTP-covers it.  Elect the last value of X.

Forest