[EM] IRV3/AV3

David L Wetzell wetzelld at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 08:51:49 PDT 2011

I believe there have to be only 3 candidates  and it has to be a close
3-way election for the 20% to be valid.
As long as the odds are low enuf, it doesn't matter that much.  It just
says that in some cases, some folks will have sour grapes.

And over time and place, such possible biases will get evened out...
Nonmonotonicity is no good reason to bring back the use of FPTP.
It was used for pragmatic reasons by those who were upset by how IRV was
improving the democracy of Burlington, VT.
dlw