[EM] The structuring of power and the composition of norms by communicative assent!

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Tue Jan 27 15:59:57 PST 2009

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:25:57 -0500 Michael Allan wrote:
> Dave Ketchum wrote:
>
>>Real topic here is whether you MEAN secret when you use the word...
>

> Scout's honour - when I say 'secret', I mean secret.  The vote is
> anonymous.  The voter's identity is undisclosed.  All that good stuff,
> just like a traditional secret ballot.  8^)
>

>>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
>>
>>Proxy voting and delegated voting are procedures for the delegation to
>>another member of a voting body of that member's power to vote in his
>>absence. Proxy appointments can be used to form a voting bloc that can
>>exercise greater influence in deliberations or negotiations. A person so
>>designated is called a "proxy" and the person designating him is called a
>>"principal."
>>
>>You seem to be thinking of something else.
>

> Yes and no.  What we're discussing is described in the original post,
> at the top of the thread.  The terms are defined there.  Is anything
> unclear there?

When?  Anyway:

Proxy is an existing word with an idea - a meaning.

I see that Abd has a new word, DP, for an idea that is similar enough that
a slightly modified label makes distinguishing the ideas doable.

You have a new, DIFFERENT, idea but chose to use an existing word to label
this - NONproductive!
                  If you want peace, work for justice.