[EM] The structuring of power and the composition of norms by communicative assent

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Tue Jan 27 11:25:57 PST 2009

Dave Ketchum wrote:
> Real topic here is whether you MEAN secret when you use the word...

Scout's honour - when I say 'secret', I mean secret.  The vote is
anonymous.  The voter's identity is undisclosed.  All that good stuff,
just like a traditional secret ballot.  8^)

> From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
>
> Proxy voting and delegated voting are procedures for the delegation to
> another member of a voting body of that member's power to vote in his
> absence. Proxy appointments can be used to form a voting bloc that can
> exercise greater influence in deliberations or negotiations. A person so
> designated is called a "proxy" and the person designating him is called a
> "principal."
>
> You seem to be thinking of something else.

Yes and no.  What we're discussing is described in the original post,
at the top of the thread.  The terms are defined there.  Is anything
unclear there?

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, 647-436-4521