[EM] another reason to avoid strategic motivations

Terry Bouricius terryb at burlingtontelecom.net
Mon Dec 1 17:36:53 PST 2008

Jonathan,

Interesting...
But what the study doesn't test is whether the respondents were answering
"sincerely." ;-)

But seriously, it would be important to extend the experiment to find out
if the respondents would ACT on that pessimistic statement that flies in
the face of probability, or if they were making a mildly humorous
statement as in "I forgot my umbrella, so it will probably rain."

Terry Bouricius