[EM] A new simulation

Peter Barath peb at freemail.hu
Thu Dec 4 11:02:13 PST 2008

> 1. Random Ballot performs quite well: On average, the Random Ballot
> lottery achieved 93.7% the total utility of the option with the
> largest total utility, and 98.4% the Gini welfare value of the
> option with the largest Gini welfare value.
> In only 5% of all situations, this measure of relative
> performance was less than 88.3% resp. 94.5%!

I don't feel so happy about it. We should care not only for
how a method influences the result but also for how a method
influences what the options will be. In a real world, if we
used Random Ballot, on many ballot paper's first option would
be: "I become dictator" so we would end up soon having
a dictator.

Peter Barath