[EM] language/framing quibble

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Tue Dec 2 12:36:58 PST 2008

Good Afternoon, Dave

Your recitation of the history of the Green Party in New York is typical
of efforts to create political alternatives.  In my view, we will be
better served when we forget labels like Left and Right and Green and
Liberal and Conservative and devote our energy to seeking out and
electing the best, brightest, and most ethical of our people to
represent us.

Incidentally, Dave, and admittedly off-topic, every time I see one of
your posts it carries me back many years.  I was brought up in Warsaw
(Wyoming County), and spent a great deal of time on the road.  I used to
pass through Owego quite frequently.  This was in the 50's, before Route
17 became a superhighway.  Although most of my trips were south of the
river, quite a few of them took me down Route 96 and through Owego.
Route 96 was one of my favorite stretches of highway.

Years later, when my boys were young, I rented two canoes, went to the
park on the east edge of Owego, put the canoes in the water and spent
several days going down the Susquehanna.  My wife picked us up near
Dalton, just west of Scranton.  For me, it was a once-in-a-lifetime
experience.

Please excuse my reminiscing, but each time I see one of your posts, I'm
reminded of how beautiful Owego and the surrounding country is.

Fred