[EM] simple question (I think)

rob brown rob at karmatics.com
Wed Nov 16 17:59:21 PST 2005

On 11/16/05, Paul Kislanko <kislanko at airmail.net> wrote:

> But the original condition was that there was NO condorcet winner, so
> there
> must be more than nine candidates.

Yes, Scott was replying to my simplified variant of the question.

I was confusing a Condorcet tie with a tie for the number of pairwise
victories. I blame this article for my confusion :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copeland%27s_method
... where it seems to imply that they are the same thing ("This method often
leads to ties when there is no Condorcet winner" might have been clearer if
it just said "This method often leads to ties").