[EM] simple question (I think)

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Wed Nov 16 17:08:28 PST 2005

But the original condition was that there was NO condorcet winner, so there
must be more than nine candidates.

In fact, this points out that the condition for D to win (the original
"simple question") is that D must be in the Smith set. Presumably all of the
alternatives that have more pairwise wins than D are.

So the conditions that D win are:

1. {A B C D} pairwise beat everybody else, forming a Smith set
2. The method that selects the winner puts strength of support above number
of pairwise wins