[EM] Single winner poll conducted using Electowidget

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Wed Nov 2 19:03:00 PST 2005

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the feedback.  Comments below:

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 17:10 +0100, Kevin Venzke wrote:
> I voted. I don't quite understand the pairwise matrix. If the method
> is Schulze(wv), how can there be negative numbers in it?

That was a minor tweak I made to make debugging easier.  By my
calculations, it should never result in a different result, but I could
be wrong.  If so, I'll change it to zero out the negative values.

> Some of the candidates don't seem specific enough to compare against other
> methods. CWO and "tied at the top" aren't methods themselves. "Disapproval
> voting" doesn't seem to mean anything concrete. ER-Bucklin should at least
> specify whether it's whole or fractional (I assumed whole).

Feel free to edit the list.  I made the list in a semi-automated
fashion, and can't claim to currently understand  every single method on
there and the distinctions between them.

Rob