[EM] Sincere methods

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 10:14:04 PST 2005

Hello Jobst,

Good viewpoints. I think I agree with most of this.

To me the limit of useful information for voting is quite close to "rankings can be taken into account". I could add something small and leave some problematic strategic ranking cases out but these are just details.

I think voters have more information and opinions in their head than just the three points you listed. Your observation that linear ratings are not sufficient is certainly true. How about utilising all this information by using the following voting method.

Wise (wo)men interview all the voters and make the decision based on the results.

Best Regards,
Juho