[EM] Sincere methods

Gervase Lam gervase.lam at group.force9.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 17:00:12 PST 2005

> Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:15:52 +0200
> From: Juho Laatu
> Subject: [EM] Sincere methods

> I already gave some support to seeing MinMax (margins) ("least
> additional votes") as one potential "sincere method" (criticism
> received too).

If you want something a bit more strategic resistant, Reynaud(Margins)
might be a good step up.  I was thinking about this recently in relation
to the recent Approval 'Elimination' Condorcet thread and the Reynaud
thread.  Chris Benham mentioned it in passing in the recent Reynaud thread.

If I got it right, the method can be summarised as "While there is no
Condorcet Winner, eliminate the candidate with the worst MinMax(Margins)
'score'".  I don't know whether this method is monotonic or not.

I get the feeling that Reynaud(Margins) is going to be the best you're
going to get with regards to a reasonable strategic resistant Margins
Pairwise method.

Thanks,
Gervase.