[EM] weigh in on the method poll!

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Thu Jun 16 16:36:50 PDT 2005

At 06:38 PM 6/16/2005, James Green-Armytage wrote:

>         We need your participation in the method evaluation poll on
> electowiki!

Just thought I'd add my comment here that this kind of activity is what I
think could really produce some useful results. Is there any kind of
consensus in this community?

The only thing lacking is that many people who have been interested in this
topic won't know about the poll. And quite a few others won't have the time
to participate. This is what delegable proxy is about, to pull in the
*trust* of such peripherally active participants, and thus to empower (in
the sense of amplified representation in polls) certain active community
members who are widely trusted. Without this, results are likely to be skewed.

I'm not proposing delegable proxy for U.S. presidential elections, I'm
proposing it for peer organizations for all kinds of specialized purposes.
Like the study, analysis, and development of election methods and the
education of the public regarding them.

But even without the kind of structure I'd recommend, much can be done.