[EM] Australian IRV voters (was" Does cycle-collapsing spoil MMPO's FBC compliance?")

Chris Benham chrisbenham at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 6 08:24:31 PDT 2005

Anthony Duff wrote (Sun.Jun.5):

>Your statements about insincere voting in Australia don't ring true
>with me, and I know a lot of Australians.

I am an Australian, and Mike O.'s generalisation about Australian IRV
voters (that they employ FPP strategy to a great or significant degree)
certainly doesn't "ring true" to me either!
I stand by my previous posts in which I tried in vain to put Mike right
on this score.

http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/2003-August/010494.html

http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/2004-June/013271.html

Chris  Benham