[EM] Voting Systems Study of the League of Women Voters

RLSuter at aol.com RLSuter at aol.com
Mon Jun 6 12:44:14 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/6/05, Russ Paielli wrote:

> when I found out that they
> blatantly oppose the First Amendment I dumped them ASAP.
> What else can you call a prohibition on "issue-advocacy"
> ads within 60 days before a general election? And what part
> of "Congress shall pass no law ..." don't they understand?

I thought this list was about election methods. Half-informed
pronouncements like the above belong elsewhere. The idea
that political ads can't be regulated even when broadcast
on publicly owned airwaves is not a viewpoint that can be
fairly derived from a reading of the first amendment.

-Ralph Suter