[EM] Re: Definition of fully voting one candidate over another

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Mon May 31 20:51:01 PDT 2004

Mike,

 --- MIKE OSSIPOFF <nkklrp at hotmail.com> a écrit : >
> >A voter fullly votes X over Y if s/he votes in such a way that if there
> >were an even number of voters, and half of them voted in that way, it would
> >be impossible for Y to be the unique winner, no matter how the other half
> >vote.
>
> [I accidentally omitted the clause "...if all the candidates but X & Y are
> deleted from the ballots..."

What is gained by using this wording, instead of just saying "A voter V
fully votes X over Y if when V is the only voter and X and Y are the
only candidates, X is the unique winner"?

I am interested in how you define "merely voting X over Y," I believe was
the wording you used.  In other words I'm not sure what meaning you have
in mind with "fully."

Kevin Venzke
stepjak at yahoo.fr