[EM] don't call people something that they ask not to be called

bql at bolson.org bql at bolson.org
Wed May 26 21:06:30 PDT 2004

This is silly. I agree that Mike O. (I hope I didn't leave out anything
important) is wrong in his misnaming of Mr. "James Green-Armytage". I
would guess that the desire to abbreviate comes in part from the
technology Mike is using to access this list. I've never seen his posts
use the sort of "reply with quote" that comes with this post later on.
Still, wrong and beligerantly wrong is not appropriate.

Coming from my background, 'jarmyta' is the obvious abbreviation, and you
can call me 'bolson'. Though, 'nkklrp' just doesn't roll of the tongue
well.

No one asked me.
-Brian Olson

Brian Olson