[EM] name game

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 21:00:01 PDT 2004

G.A.--

I'll just call you G.A. then. I didn't wrong you, because you hadn't
previously objected so strongly to James A. It's either James or G.A. And
no, I won't fight a duel.

Mike

Mike,
	This is insulting. You have no right to rename me, for the purpose of
this list or for any other purpose. I don't know if you realize how
insulting that is, but it is insulting. My last name is Green-Armytage.
You cannot abbreviate Green-Armytage with an A. Even if you could,
since I
have requested that you not do it, you should not do it. It's really
not
so complicated. I can't believe that it is so difficult for you to type

out a single extra letter on your keyboard (i.e. G-A rather than A.) in
order to avoid insulting me. Would you like it if I decided that you
should be called Mike S. instead of Mike O.? No, you wouldn't, and
anyway
it would be stupid of me.
	Doing this the first time is no big deal. However, when I request that
you not call me that, and you insist that I have no right to make such
request, you seem to be openly indicating that you have no respect for
me.
	Please apologize.

James Green-Armytage