[EM] Proxy

Curt Siffert siffert at museworld.com
Sat May 15 18:22:01 PDT 2004

I completely agree.  I have a very idealized and unrealistic opinion of
how measures should be constructed.  If you have a body of 100
representatives, then someone writes a bill or document that will get
someone done.  Everyone else reviews it.  If even one disagrees with
it, they must register the details of their objections in the document,
and if they don't, it's a forced abstention.  Or some such process that
puts the onus on objectors to continue a constructive process, under
penalty of having their objections ignored.  If objections are noted,
they would have to be addressed, because bills wouldn't pass without
unanimous approval of all remaining participants.  You could only
participate if you were one of the 100 representatives.  The idea would
be to provide incentives for constructive problem solving and
consensus-building, and disincentives for political foot-dragging.

Distantly related to a legislative wiki I guess.