[EM] Presidential election

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Wed May 5 06:26:01 PDT 2004

Sorry, but I won't have time to do all I wanted.
There are 9 ballots sent between 19/02/2004 (Forest) to 01/03/2004
(James G-A).
You can find them in the electorama archive...
I will attach the job I begun to do with the 5 first ballots in a excel
file, but maybe starting all over would be better.
Just a note: when ranking several candidates equal, voter should use the
mean ranking
(it helps but solving 45 (?) candidates is still long).
For an example with 4 persons
A 1, B 1, C, 2, D 3 is more representative in this manner A 1.5, B 1.5,
C 3 and D 4.
Of course A and B receive half votes in the IRV first round.
When some tie occurred I used second votes to pick the eleiminated
candidate,
and because I obtained a final tie at end, I used the automated lexical
tie-breaker
developped for the electoral systems designer contests to pick a winner.

Could someone finish the job for the last 4 ballots?

Steph