[EM] Approval & CR are 2nd best, after Condorcet wv.

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Tue Mar 30 15:42:17 PST 2004

"MIKE OSSIPOFF" <nkklrp at hotmail.com> writes:
>Approval & CR are the 2nd best, if we're talking about proposed methods.
>Bucklin and ERBucklin(whole) are between Condorcet and Approval, in
>merit.
>But Bucklin & ERBucklin(whole) aren't proposed.

my reply:

	I'm not really concerned with the distinction between proposed and
non-proposed methods right now (but as far as that goes, I assume you know
that Bucklin has not only been proposed but actually used for public
elections in this country (and in one case struck down by a state supreme
court for failing later-no-harm!)).

	But really, that aside, I would like to know how ERIRV, whole and
fractional, fit into your preference ordering of single winner methods.
Between ERIRV and approval, which do you believe to be superior, and why?

my best,
James