[EM] Re: Re: non-binding direct democracy system

Doreen Dotan dordot2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 14:01:02 PST 2004

election-methods-electorama.com-request at electorama.com wrote:

B"H

Hello, James G-A:

I rather appreciated your proposal and understand the reasons why you formulated it quite carefully, neither too conservatively nor in too revolutionary a manner.  I think you hit a realistic balance.

Perhaps the errors of the referendums as they are carried out in CA might serve as a warning, if not as a good example. They should be studied then so that the same mistakes are not repeated. (I do believe in being original in one's mistake making.)

I understand that there are non-binding plebiscites in Canada. You might wish to look into how they do things.

Doreen

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.

Do you Yahoo!?