[EM] I Propose an EM Poll on Presidential Candidates

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Mon Feb 9 13:42:02 PST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, MIKE OSSIPOFF wrote:

> So let's have 3 days for nomination. Let's say that the deadline for
> nominations is 1200 GMT, on 12 February,  '04.

I notice that this list seems to have a one week cycle with most folks
posting on the weekend, so why not allow a full week for nominations?

I nominate MCA for a method, and Jim Hightower, Amy Goodman, Ron Daniels,
Medea Benjamin, Winona LaDuke, and Bill Moyers as candidates, even though
(to my knowledge) they don't intend to run.

Actually, I'll withdraw the ones that don't get seconded.  But these are
representative of (and high on the list of) the folks that I would
approve.

If the ranked ballots give approval cutoffs and allow equal choices for
favorite, that would be sufficient information for MAC.

Forest