[EM] I Propose an EM Poll on Presidential Candidates

Andrew Myers andru at cs.cornell.edu
Mon Feb 9 14:23:23 PST 2004

> From: "MIKE OSSIPOFF" <nkklrp at hotmail.com>
> Subject: [EM] I Propose an EM Poll on Presidential Candidates
>
> It's been suggested that we do some polls on EM, to demonstrate the voting
> systems.
> So I propose that we now hold a poll on the U.S. presidential candidates.

I'm already running Beatpath Winner polls on the Democratic primary candidates
and on a bunch of conceivable presidential candidates, at

http://www5.cs.cornell.edu/~andru/civs/public_elections.html

You can use the site to set up your own polls if you don't like the candidates
I picked.

Interestingly, the Democratic primary poll (which has attracted the most votes)
has succeeded in constructing an acyclic preference graph both times that I
have run it, despite there being nine candidates.

-- Andrew