[EM] March 29 Newsweek article on verifiable voting

Jan Kok kok at surfbest.net
Sat Apr 3 23:46:01 PST 2004

Dave,

I agree that ballot secrecy is important, in order to avoid the possibility
of vote buying or coersion.  The Newsweek article made that point as well,
and I believe all of the schemes presented in the article do provide that
secrecy.

I do think it's neat that the Votegrity scheme provides the ballot secrecy
but IN ADDITION allows every voter to verify that his or her votes were
counted correctly - something that can't be guaranteed with current voting
procedures and equipment.

Cheers,
- Jan