[EM] Bounded AV

Olli Salmi olli.salmi at uusikaupunki.fi
Mon Apr 29 06:35:24 PDT 2002

I recently read something about elections in Venice. I think it was in this
PDF
file, which I found when I wasd looking for information on Ramón Llull (or
Lull)
who invented Condorcet voting in the 13th century.
Voting in Medieval Universities and Religious Orders
http://www.nuff.ox.ac.uk/users/mclean/Voting%20in%20Medieval%20Universities%20an
d%20Religious%20Orders.pdf

There is a reference in the paper to this:
Lines, M. 1986. Approval voting and strategy analysis: A Venetian example.
Theory and Decision 20:155---72.
And the text mentions "n-dimensional issue space". I think you're right about
the meaning.

NOTA is something I don't understand. Who will do the work if nobody is
elected? Where do we get new and better candidates from? I associate NOTA
with elections in Russia, where it paralysed the work of the Soviets after
the fall of communism.

I'm sorry if you get two postings about this. I sent one earlier from a
computer I didn't subscribe to this list from and it hasn't shown up yet.

Olli Salmi

----