[EM] 3-level Approval

Elisabeth Varin/Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 28 09:37:37 PDT 2002

I did not participate to this discussion
because I knew you would end up
toward truncated preferential ballots.

This is what I use and this is what Demorep1
recommended in the 4th (yes the fourth, go check!)
message of the election-methods-list.
Apparently he had a couple of years in advance not only on me...

First you tell the voters to split the candidates in two
categories: acceptable (approved) and unacceptable
(disapproved). Then you order all approved
candidates according to your preferences.

You gather the most information like this,
and after it is just a matter of treatment...

Steph.
PS:
Demorep1 represents the information differently than I
I use: A1, B2, C3 or A, B, C
He uses something like A1(yes) B2(yes) C3(yes) | D4(no) E5(no)
I believe ordering  dismissed candidates is useless.

----