[EM] POLL: References (was Re: Poll, preliminary ballots)

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Tue May 14 08:03:35 PDT 2024

On 2024-05-13 23:30, Closed Limelike Curves wrote:
> 1. STAR
> 2. Smith//Score
> 3. Score
> 4. Highest medians
> 5. Approval, anything else that's cardinal
> 6. Approval with runoff
> ---- Approval cutoff ----
> 7. Ranked Pairs
> 8. Schulze
> 9. Any Smith-efficients that satisfy weak defensive strategy criterion
> ---- Second, bigger approval cutoff* ----
> 10. Any other Smith-efficients
> 11. Any non-Smith Condorcet methods
> 12. RCIPE
> 13. IRV
> 14. Plurality

Are you counting cardinal hybrids (Smith//Approval, Approval Sorted
Margins, Double Defeat Hare) as being part of the "anything else that's
cardinal" category? I would imagine so, but I want to be sure.

As for WSDC compliance, I'm not all that sure which methods pass, so
I'll ask the other members if they could let me know which of the
methods pass WDSC. If nobody answers, do you want to just equal-rank all
Smith methods equal, specify a more detailed ranking yourself, or
something else?

> *I don't like approval cutoffs. I need at least 3-4 bins. The first one
> is what I'd do if I wanted to provide the most information, the latter
> is "what I'd actually accept". Use the first one, I guess.

Them's the breaks when it comes to Approval. But got it, I'll count
what's above the first cutoff.

-km