[EM] Hare

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Mon May 13 15:59:23 PDT 2024

On 2024-05-13 05:47, Michael Ossipoff wrote:

> On Sun, May 12, 2024 at 20:23 Closed Limelike Curves
> <closed.limelike.curves wrote:
>
>> But allowing any /plurality-strength/ Condorcet candidate to win creates
>> screwy burial and favorite-betrayal incentives that can end up with a
>> unanimous favorite/least favorite winning.
>
> I’ve told how wv Condorcet deters offensive-strategy.  …without which
> there’s no “incentive” ( need) for favorite-burial, or any
> defensive-strategy.

For what it's worth, I conjecture that CLC's conjecture is wrong.
There's no out-of-hand reason I can see why Monroe's criterion should be
incompatible with Condorcet. (Monroe's Voice of Reason fails FBC, so
that's not it.)

But in any case, I would say that thinking before responding is indeed a
good idea.

-km