[EM] POLL: New deadline: 2024-05-16 05:15:00 UTC

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Mon May 13 08:26:01 PDT 2024

On 2024-05-13 04:02, robert bristow-johnson wrote:

>  >Though speaking of: you left out some (non-Condorcet) methods on your
> ballot. Do you want them ranked last, or somewhere else?
>
> Just like in other elections I refuse to weigh in on candidates I don't
> know about.  And on a ranked ballot they would likely be unranked unless
> Hitler or Satan or Donald Trump was on the ballot, and then I would have
> to rank these unfamiliar candidates higher.

No problem :-) I was just wondering if you had missed them.

> So my fav is straight-ahead Condorcet with Plurality as the contingency
> method.  N^2 summable.  Maybe it should be Condorcet-TTR
> (top-two-runoff) to give the Hare IRV advocates a fig leaf to cover
> their shame with.  Also N^2 summable.  I dunno.

I would suggest my fpA - max fpC as an outright improvement over
Condorcet-TTR (it's monotone, similar if not better strategy resistance,
n^2 summable)... but for one thing: the strange scoring function that
seems to come out of nowhere with no intuitive explanation. It's really
a shame.

-km