[EM] Detailed stats for the ordinal methods

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Sun May 12 19:55:37 PDT 2024

> The narrow sense of turkey elections - exploiting nonmonotonicity to do
> pushover - must, for ordinal methods, belong to the "Other" strategy
> category.

Right, that makes sense. I was thinking of turkeys just in the sense of
"very bad candidates who win because of strategic voting". So my
real question is, what happens if voters actually play strategically? We
know for score the answer is "we end up with a Condorcet method" (from
Myerson and Weber). By contrast, I'd conjecture no plurality-Condorcet
method (pairwise defeats of <50% are allowed) is actually Condorcet in the
presence of strategy.