[EM] Detailed stats for the ordinal methods

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sun May 12 20:27:30 PDT 2024

On Sun, May 12, 2024 at 19:56 Closed Limelike Curves <
closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com> wrote:

[quote]

 I’d  conjecture no plurality-Condorcet method (pairwise defeats of <50%
are allowed) is actually Condorcet in the presence of strategy.
[/quote]

A very safe conjecture, if you’re conjecturing that the CW won’t win every
strategic circular tie.  :-)

How would anyone expect the CW to always win in every strategic
circular-tie?

 But the Condorcet Criterion doesn’t require that.

In one form, it’s defined for sincere voting & certain preferences. In
another form, it’s defined by who should win if someone pairbeats everyone
else, by the ballots. The latter definition requires a specification about
the balloting.

So you’re expounding to us about what’s Condorcet-complying, based on your
confusion about what the Condorcet Criterion says.

 No method is guaranteed to elect the CW if someone makes a strategic
circular-tie.

But the wv Condorcet methods deter offensive-strategy so well that they
achieve the ideal of no need for defensive-strategy.

If you’re the one who said that people might do offensive strategy anyway,
an analysis of the likely result is the strategist’s business.the whole
point of strategy.