[EM] POLL: Approaching deadline: 2024-05-11 05:15:00 UTC

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Sat May 11 02:22:50 PDT 2024

Robert,

> I am mostly agnostic about WV vs. Margins for defeat strength but I
> sorta resonate more with margins.

No Margins method was nominated, which is presumably why no-one bothered
to compare it with Winning Votes. If a lot of voters truncate (which
they have a perfect right to) Margins becomes completely absurd.

A method  I didn't think to nominate in time (but probably would if we
did this again) is  Condorcet//Hare.   It is a possible
political-compromise kludge that is much better than
Condorcet//Plurality, Margins, and STAR.

You really hate Score that much?

Chris