[EM] POLL: Approaching deadline: 2024-05-11 05:15:00 UTC

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Fri May 10 18:07:08 PDT 2024

Okay, here is my ballot.  With Write-In candidates.1. Condorcet-Plurality 2. MinMax3. Ranked-Pairs4. Schulze5. BTR-IRV======== Approval cutoff point6. all other Condorcet-consistent methodsN: Hare IRVN+1: ApprovalN+2: STARN+3: FPTPN+4: ScoreI am mostly agnostic about WV vs. Margins for defeat strength but I sorta resonate more with margins. My principal motivation are methods that are good (so it has to be Condorcet) and might have the best chance for adoption in legislation for public elections to government office.Powered by Cricket Wireless------ Original message------From: Michael OssipoffDate: Fri, May 10, 2024 20:11To: Kristofer Munsterhjelm;Cc: EM;robert bristow-johnson;Subject:Re: [EM] POLL: Approaching deadline: 2024-05-11 05:15:00 UTCBut we’ve all posted our ballots, & so, if someone wanted to strategally take advantage of the information about the other ballots, they’ve already got that information anyway.So there doesn’t seem to be a need to conceal our ballots fr
 om eachother to prevent strategic use of them. … because that information is already out.So why not just say that a person’s most recent posted ballot (which could be what that person has already posted) before the deadline,  counts as that person’s ballot.If people feel that there hasn’t been enough close-notice about the deadline, should we advance the deadline by 2 days?On Fri, May 10, 2024 at 14:41 Kristofer Munsterhjelm <km_elmet at t-online.de> wrote:On 2024-05-10 23:37, Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote:
> On 2024-05-10 22:34, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
>>
>> I hadn't known that we were actually voting.  I don't need to vote by
>> secret ballot, but I don't want to necessarily influence other votes.
>>
>> Should I just send a ballot to you, Kristofer?  How do we do this?
>
> I think this is the easiest way to do it:
>
> Send your ballot to me, Michael Ossipoff, or both. Then post it to the
> list once the deadline is up. I'll verify that you sent it to me before
> the deadline. (And I imagine Michael would do the same if you sent the
> ballot to him.)

I forgot to say: if you change your mind after having sent your ballot,
just send your modified ballot later. As long as it's inside the
deadline, the last one you submitted is the one that counts.

-km
----