[EM] Request for help: List of Pathological Elections

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Tue May 7 09:01:16 PDT 2024

On 2024-05-06 21:32, robert bristow-johnson wrote:

> Forgot to reference the FairVote bullshit: https://fairvote.org/defining-the-spoiler-effect/

Oh, I see! Spoiler effect equals mutual majority failure. Let me try,
with tongue planted firmly in cheek...

"A spoiler effect happens when a majority, who could have got someone
they preferred to the current winner elected by coming together, is
instead splintered so that their preferred candidate does not win."

In other words: a Condorcet failure. That was fun, but arbitrary
redefinitions of a spoiler effect don't really go anywhere :-)

-km