[EM] No. Condorcet and Hare do not share the same problem with computational complexity and process transparency.

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Wed Mar 20 10:32:06 PDT 2024

> On 03/20/2024 1:04 PM EDT Michael Garman <michael.garman at rankthevote.us> wrote:
>

> No, they were promised that if their first-choice candidate was out of the running, their vote would count for their second choice. Important distinction!

Michael, you cannot be both honest and informed.  What you just said is false.

>From https://fairvote.org/our-reforms/ranked-choice-voting/

"With RCV, voters can sincerely rank candidates in order of preference. Voters know that if their first choice doesn’t win, their vote automatically counts for their next choice instead. This frees voters from worrying about how others will vote and which candidates are more or less likely to win.

Candidates can compete without fear of “splitting the vote” with like-minded individuals."

Just tell the truth.  I'm not Michael Ossipoff, but I am also just tired of this shit.  Yesterday they had Deb Otis on the WBUR radio show On Point.  Lie, lie, lie, lie...

If you can't be honest with us about the promise they make about RCV and the actual performance, nobody should have a conversation with you.  It's like talking to a Trumper.

r b-j . _ . _ . _ . _ rbj at audioimagination.com

.
.
.