[EM] No. Condorcet and Hare do not share the same problem with computational complexity and process transparency.

Michael Garman michael.garman at rankthevote.us
Wed Mar 20 10:04:06 PDT 2024

No, they were promised that if their first-choice candidate was out of the
running, their vote would count for their second choice. Important
distinction!

These two examples indicate IRV isn’t perfect, I agree, but the fact that
there are only two out of over 500 US IRV elections shows that it’s a major
improvement from FPTP. Ossipoff’s encouragement of people to vote against
IRV because it isn’t perfect remains foolish.